Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
In the skincare community, we put a lot of thought into every aspect of our routine. But there’s a daily item that can be an unlikely culprit for irritation…and that’s our face towel. Your face towel might look clean, but it collects a lot of dirt, makeup, oil, and dead skin cells that you can’t even see. That’s why I use Clean Skin Club Face Towels.
Cleansing is such an essential step in your skincare routine. And these disposable face towels ensure your skin is untouched by bacteria and germs that can hide on regular washcloths. Plus, now, you won’t have to wash all the time.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Clean Skin Club. For a discount, use my code “BEAUTYINCOLORBLOG” when you checkout.
SO, WHAT ARE THESE FACE TOWELS?
These disposable face towels are soft and feel good on the skin. They’re also large, durable, and absorbent, so you can remove all your makeup and dirt with one use. I can remove the cleanser on my face and neck and wipe up the water residue around my sink without the towel ever disintegrating!
The Clean Towels are made of viscose, with eucalyptus as the material source. Each box comes with 50 biodegradable towels, which can be used dry or damp. Each package also includes adhesive stickies to mount the box to a mirror or tile in the bathroom. And we all cherish our counter space. I know I do, especially given the size of my NYC bathroom.
There are three versions of the Clean Towels (use my code “BEAUTYINCOLORBLOG” for a discount when you checkout):
- CLEAN TOWELS XL – These are single-use and approximately 10in x 12in.
- CLEAN TOWELS XL BAMBOO – The Bamboo Clean Towels are a newer, greener version of the original Clean Towels XL. They’re made with certified organic bamboo. The Clean Towels XL Bamboo are perfect for anyone with high regard for sustainability.
- TRAVEL-SIZE CLEAN TOWELS (25 COUNT) – The travel-size Clean Towels are approximately 7.5in x 7.5in. The smaller box is perfect for weekend getaways and international travel.
SO, HOW DO YOU USE THESE DISPOSABLE FACE TOWELS?
I use them two ways:
- In the morning, I massage in my water-based cleanser for about 30-seconds, rinse and pat dry with the Clean Towels.
- In the evening, when I double cleanse, I apply an oil-based cleanser on a dry face, emulsify it, dampen the face towel and wipe my face. I follow this up with a second cleanse, where I mimic my morning cleanse.
WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT CHANGING MY FACE TOWEL?
Here’s the problem with face towels…
Your face towel can actually act as a breeding ground for bacteria. Face towels can actually collect a ton of dirt, dust, makeup, oil, and dead skin cells that you can’t even see.
Towels offer the perfect environment for bacteria to grow because they’re often damp, warm, and hang in dark bathrooms.Tweet
So just think of what happens when you use a dirty towel to dry your face after washing it! We all know bacteria can be an underlying cause of breakouts. As you rub your face towel on your skin, bacteria can transfer to your face, causing irritation and breakouts.
SO, MAKE SURE YOU’RE USING A CLEAN WASHCLOTH…
Every time a face towel touches your face, it should be a clean one. Don’t be fooled just because you can’t see any visible dirt. There can still be bacteria present, even if we can’t detect it with our naked eye.
Sometimes the most minor things can make the most significant difference, and towel hygiene has been one of them for me.
If you suspect external aggravators like bacteria, dirt, oil, and dead skin cells could be contributing to their breakouts, try a box of these Disposable Face Towels. They might just help!
Have you tried the Clean Towels from Clean Skin Club?